Content management System Design & Development
Because You Never Get a Second (or Third) Chance to Make a First Impression
First impressions happen when you don’t even know it.
Right now, someone is online searching for your type of business. Maybe they’re even finding your online presence. Is your business stacking up?
- First things first, do you have a website?
- Is your website optimized to rank well with the search engines?
- Are you consistently writing and posting high-quality content?
- Has your site’s design been updated in the last decade?
Your website is the online first impression that you can control. This is key since its where a potential online customer visits before they contact you. In fact, it’s your website that will influence them to get in touch with you (or not) in the first place!
Is Your Website First Impression Ready?
Presentation counts. It counted in grade school, it counts with book covers, a gourmet dish, and websites.
The first thing a visitor comes into contact with is the design of your site. Take a step back and take a look at your website through a first-time visitor’s eyes:
- Is the design up-to-date or have you had the same design for the last 10 years?
- Can users easily navigate your site to find the information they’re seeking?
- Is your contact information clearly visible?
- Does your site clearly explain what your business does?
When a visitor lands on your site you have a miniscule window of time to make a good first impression: 50 milliseconds. That’s it – 0.05 seconds.
And then, poof, they are gone, taking with them your chance at creating a new relationship.
Content Is Your Voice and A Way to Help Make a Good Impression (Without You Even Knowing It)
In those fleeting milliseconds, you do have a chance to talk to visitors and make a good first impression.
All you need is content (and a good design).
The word “content” might conjure up images of dense white papers, colorful infographics, or blog posts. But don’t forget the smaller bits, like headlines, contact forms, and images.
Content is important for many reasons. Not only does it help visitors understand your company and act as a welcoming committee, it helps search engines understand what your company is about.
In fact, if you want to be found online, it’s vital to have content. For this one reason alone, you need a content management system. Successful online marketing these days is centered around providing high-quality content to your audience, and a content management system can help you get your content up – without having to turn to a developer for help.
Is Your Content Manageable?
Do you already have a CMS? Here’s a quick 5-point checklist:
- Do you know how to add content to your site? (e.g. a blog post or a new page)
- Do you know how to change your site’s on-page SEO elements (e.g. title tag or meta description)?
- Do you use your site as a lead generation tool?
- Does your site make it easy for potential clients to get in touch with you?
In today’s content-based digital marketing landscape, it’s important to be able to easily and regularly update your own content. A content management system (WordPress, for example) makes managing your content fairly easy.
In addition to the ease of use, there are many reasons why having a CMS would benefit your business:
- A content management system will help search engine spiders crawl your site. They make it easy to organize information, which, in turn, helps the search engines understand what your site (and business) are about.
- Fresh content gives search engines a reason to come back to your site and index those new pages.
- If content is easy to update, you’re more likely to do so.
- Content helps to build your authority on your subject, business, industry.
- The search engines are getting smarter and rewarding sites with high-quality content.
In the fast-moving world of online marketing where content is king, and first impressions can mean the difference between generating leads or not, a content management system can make all the difference in the world.
At Endertech, we have plenty of experience with CMS sites built for lead generation and online marketing. We’ve built numerous marketing websites to help our customers increase their online visibility – and succeeded!
Contact us to see how we can help your business get control over their first impressions.