By now, we’ve all had experience with some type of online training. That is, receiving information through a computer system for the purpose of future application and / or testing. More so, the unfortunate occurrence of the pandemic had a staggering impact on global education, forcing many schools and learning institutions to shut down and embrace asynchronous learning. Why are firms looking into custom lms development to solve and prevent future interruptions? Let’s answer this question by looking at some key points.
The eLearning industry reaches wide to various sectors. In eLearning, knowledge is imparted via several means, including live masterclasses, recorded video tutorials, and even time-strict exams through mobile devices. From the smallest companies to the highest levels of education programs. To achieve this, you need an eLearning platform developed with a custom Learning Management Systems (LMS) focus.
A custom LMS software allows you to mold details of any course for the highest chance of a positive impact. For education, it’s mandatory. For business, it makes you a top tier player in a booming industry that’s projected to reach $350 Billion by 2025.
What is Custom LMS Development?
Custom LMS development is the creation of eLearning software that allows you to cater uniquely educational content to your users for educational reasons. It enables you to create an interactive tool for developing, delivering, and tracking the learning processes of your users on a single dashboard. Custom LMS allows you to design the right learning approach for individual learners ensuring that the process is efficient, fun, and meaningful.
Purpose of Custom LMS Software
The purpose of choosing a custom LMS development software is to have maximum control over the proper delivery of content. Custom LMS allows you to decide what type of content, programs, and certifications you want on your platform. Ultimately, Custom LMS software serves as the nucleus of an e-learning system. Without a robust LMS, it is nearly impossible to build a successful eLearning platform that users enjoy.
Moreover, custom LMS enables businesses to train and educate their employees efficiently. Customs LMS can be equipped with features such as skill tracking, content and course management, as well as notifications and file-sharing capabilities. A custom LMS allows the organization to assess and monitor the progress of the employee and skill-level.
Where Custom LMS Development Can be Applied
Custom LMS has numerous applications in various fields and sectors of the economy. Many small to large, and even government organizations can use it to develop and deliver continuous learning to employees who require it. At the height of the pandemic, approximately 1.2 billion children were reported to be affected by school closures caused by the pandemic. As a result, online learning has become widely accepted and more appropriate for learning and training. It’s almost mandatory for any education system. Keeping that in mind, the following are some examples of how custom LMS can be used in specific industries:
The pedagogy of modern education has been evolving for quite some time, but this evolution was fast-tracked by the occurrence of the pandemic, forcing the entire global economy to rethink how to deliver value. This evolution appears to make the custom LMS development tailor-made for the educational industry, where it can be used to design and create an interactive online learning platform.
Custom LMS can be used by government agencies to train public workers in managing different economic sectors. Think of certifications, licenses, and permits. They all require a level of learning and ongoing training.
Custom LMS can be used by those with very specialized skills to aid in providing up-to-date training for healthcare workers and providers. As we see examples of telemedicine grow into everyday norms, online learning systems will also have a stronger impact and foothold to prepare professionals for this new medical delivery system.
The IT industry is constantly growing and evolving at a fast rate. People employed in this profession must be up to date on the newest technology and possess the necessary experience to meet the industry’s constantly evolving expectations. IT organizations can utilize a custom LMS to teach staff to meet these requirements. Additionally, the required certificates of comprehensive compliance training can be issued using a custom LMS. Helping to fast track learning and meet compliance requirements.
In a world where ideas, policies, and laws are continuously changing, custom LMS can be employed by law firms to stay informed and up-to-date with the most recent court rulings, laws, and policy changes.
Reasons for Custom LMS Development
- Custom LMS allows you to customize and design your eLearning solution. It enables you to manage and incorporate certain features into the content management as you see fit. You get to evaluate and choose the design, presentation, and many other aspects of the software.
- By incorporating features and elements into the Custom LMS design according to your specifications, the system becomes more beneficial and functional for users. Having a system with too many features may affect the efficacy of the purpose or subject; there is also a chance that some of these features may be redundant or unnecessary to an LMS software. This leaves users / students with less productive training due to quirky interruptions in the software, learning path and other areas.
- By designing a custom LMS to your specification, you’re able to optimize its processing size, learning modules, learning path and performance. This allows for fewer errors and better maintenance of the system.
- You can take the personalization of the custom LMS up a notch by integrating your business branding into the design. This includes colors, logos and other branding elements related to the business. This helps to build the brand’s image and credibility; emphasizing that the organization cares about professional development.
- By designing your custom LMS, the organization can have control of both the hardware and software infrastructure. The organization can choose what to do with it. They can decide to upscale or downscale the infrastructure based on demand, upgrade certain functions, or even increase specific security vulnerabilities that standard systems have.
- By owning your own custom LMS, you are able to provide efficient tech support for both the mentors and students without waiting for answers.
Comparison Between Online and Offline Learning
The needs of large businesses can be met by the design of online learning. It is extremely expandable and comes with a long range of pre-built capabilities that may be altered to meet the requirements of expanding enterprises. On the other hand, offline learning is designed for smaller enterprises, isn’t so flexible and has limited capabilities. It is intended for independent course makers and provides less features. Online learning uses open-source, free software that each business can deploy and customize. They offer superior customer service and are simple to implement. Depending on which plan you select and how much you pay, different capabilities and services are offered.
Here are several instances where online education excels above traditional institutions.
Customer training enhances the customer experience by giving users of your product or service information that supports and educates them. Customers that receive training through an LMS are more likely to be knowledgeable about the features and make effective use of your goods and services.
Training and evaluation are essential to helping recruits integrate into your company culture. Using an online learning platform makes it simpler to create educational materials for your staff to aid in their transition to new positions. Online learning allows for the creation, management, and tracking of training for business associates, clients, and employees. It can be applied to compliance training, customer and partner training, and the onboarding of new workers.
To develop and maintain brand consistency, partner training is essential. By using a learning management system, you can always access your materials and train your partners efficiently and cost-effectively.
All firms’ workplace procedures and policies should be compliant with applicable laws and standards. By using an online learning management system for compliance training, you can make sure that your staff members are regularly updated on corporate policies.
The sales staff is given the tools they need to close more deals thanks to sales enablement. Quick access to resources and training materials is made possible by online learning software when marketing your goods or services.
In a company, employee training is a constant activity. Through online learning, the company can reduce the time and effort spent on corporate learning by automating the development, delivery, and tracking of employee training activities.
Here are some LMS statistics::
- By 2025, it is predicted that the global eLearning market will be worth $325 billion.
- In 2017, 77 percent of US businesses used online education; by 2020, 98 percent had made it a part of their learning strategy.
- The US online learning market will expand by $12.81 billion between 2020 and 2024. There is a 25–60% boost in retention rates when eLearning is accessible. The corporate e-learning industry may grow by $38.09 billion between 2020 and 2024.
- 42 percent of US firms credit eLearning with raising revenue.
- According to a survey of 2,500 businesses, those with “complete training programs” had profit margins that are 24 percent higher and revenue per team member that is 218 percent higher.
We’ve introduced the concept of custom LMS, and explained what it is, what it does, where it can be used, and what the benefits are. Endertech can help you design and implement a learning management system for online employee training. This will allow you to evaluate and track their progress as they progress through the course.